Mirror, Mirror on the wall...

8:10 AM

As I told in my previous post I had family members the past month visiting me and I wanted to give a gift for them as I am now in "Gift only handmade", so I made this delicate and flowery mirror. And yeah this post is over due, got blogger block in between my PC crashing down, so here is the idea sit back and enjoy :)!!


For this quilling work these shapes were used marquises and tight circle rolls for the flower, half circles for the leaf and scrolls as side designs.

Marquises ready to bloom into flowers. 3 mm or 1/8"quilling paper strips for the flowers in the shades of red and grape vine purple.

 For the leaves it was leaf green strips and for the center cut the 3 mm strip into a narrow strip around 1.5 mm in the shades of white for the red flower and yellow for the purple one.

All ready and set for assemble, love the glow of colors in there :)!!

The mirror used for this project was bought from IKEA, yes favorite stop form mirrors and frames, I had whipped put few of these during the sale season, they're extremely cheap.

 It's always easier to work and assemble when you have a puddle of glue next you.

Felt it was empty and on the opinions of my dear ones I added few blings on to it...

And voila here's the final product, hope you liked it? My aunt was really happy to receive and the smile on her face when she got it made my day ;)!!

As she was travelling I bubble wrapped it for her for safe carrying and not to worry about the quilled work getting damaged.

That's all for now and I have got an exciting news to share with you all but till next time...

You Might Also Like

24 comments

  1. So pretty.
    Lovely.
    i love it.
    viji

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank you for your lovely comment,
      Have a nice day

      Delete
  3. These are soo gorgeous...Loving these totally...Great inspiration!!

    Aakanksha
    http://decor-gharaana.blogspot.in/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's really sweet of you, thank you for visiting by

      Delete
  4. Love, love this! What a great idea. Thanks so much for sharing!! Pinning this for sure!

    Jamie

    www.huckleberrylove.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your sweet words and am happy you liked it

      Delete
  5. Thank you, yes handmade gives the gift more value, as you ponder all your dedications on to it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thats a refreshing idea... Well done!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. creative idea. Really your made your day.

    www.shamiatcraft.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Labels

Craft (29) Recycle (24) Recipe (20) Family (17) Thought (17) Tutorial (15) quilling (15) Ramadan (14) Baking (12) Trips (11) Sew (10) Organizer (8) Dubai (6) Event (5) #Dubai (4) #UAE (4) Alphabet (4) Download (3) Eid (3) Makeover (3) Origami (3) UAE (3) Challenge (2) DIY (2) Guest Post (2) #AlqudraLake (1) #MiracleGarden (1) 3D quilling (1) Baby (1) Card (1) Pay It Forward (1)

Google+ Followers